Making miniature ribbon bows is much easier with a bow former to hold loops of even sizes. This simple bow former will allow you to make single and multi loop bows.
Materials For a Simple Miniature Bow Former
- Scrap Piece of Wood This should be heavy enough not to tip over, or a size you can clamp.
- Two Finishing Nails or you can use picture frame nails. You want something which will give you a straight 3/4 to 1 inch length of fastened stiff wire.
- Wire Cutters to cut the tops off the nails.
- Metal File to smooth the cut ends of the nails.
To Make Miniature Ribbon Bows You Will Need
- Narrow Ribbon You can use 1/8 or 1/16 inch ribbon, or fine beaded trims, or cut plastic curling ribbon in half or smaller to produce finer ribbon for small bows.
- Fine Wire or Thread to tie the centers of the bows. Wire is preferred, but for bows you will sew in place, you can use thread or ribbon.
- Bent Nose Tweezers to shape the loops for the bows and make them puff out.
- Sharp Scissors to trim the ends of the ribbon.