Photo Caption - The photo above shows bits of miniature cellophane, an iron, a teflon ironing sheet and baking parchment used to make miniature and dollhouse scale food packages. Photo © 2012 Lesley Shepherd
Materials Needed to Make the Miniature Cellophane Packages
- Iron - you may also want a metal spatula to use against the plastic if you don't have a teflon pressing sheet.
- Teflon Pressing Sheet - to keep your iron from sticking to the cellophane.
- Baking Parchment Paper - to keep the layers of cellophane from sticking together.
- Scraps of Cellophane Food or Gift Packaging - If the cellophane has been used for food, wash the pieces well and allow to dry before using them for this project. You can also use cellophane sleeves for cards, stickers , ribbons and other materials. Look for a heat set seam on the package which indicates it is prepared for heat welding.
- Contents for Your Packaging - this should be perfectly dry, and hopefully inert. There is a list of miniature junk food projects which has lots of the types of items found in cellophane packages.
- Sharp Scissors or a Craft Knife and Cutting Board