If you have a photo to include in a Community, or Club Challenge Gallery on the About Miniatures Site, please follow these easy steps:
- Email me Make sure you put "photo submission" in the subject line
- Copy this text and paste it into the email. Without this information in the email attached to the photo, the photo cannot be used.
I certify that I am the author or sole owner of the material I am submitting to About.com. About.com and its licensees may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use the material for any purpose in any form and on any media. I agree to indemnify About.com for all damages and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the material.For more information , please see our user agreement
- Sign the email with your name, so I can credit your photo.
- Attach your photo to the email.
- Use jpeg format. The best size to submit is a maximum size of 500 x500 pixels. The file size of the photo you submit should be no larger than 200KB. A lower resolution on your digital camera will keep the photo small or you can look for a 'save for the web' option in your photo editing software. Larger photos will create slower loading galleries.
- Try to make sure the subject of your photo is clearly in focus and well lit with limited shadows. Use the 'macro' setting on your camera if it has one.
- Describe the photo. You can have three or four small paragraphs to describe your submission. Please type in upper and lower case.
I will try to use the photographs as I build the galleries, but work which does not fit into a current gallery may be kept for presentation at a later date (i.e. seasonal miniatures which are out of season). Thank you in advance for your patience. I hope you will enjoy sharing your work with the larger miniatures community!