To make or dress a miniature dolls house scale witch you will need:
- Printed Paper Pattern for a White Witch or a Black Witch (patterns are pdf files and require adobe acrobat to read) These can be printed on regular paper. If you are using a heavy head you may need card stock to make the witches dress, or print off a cardboard cone using the pattern to drape fabric or paper over.
- A doll head and hands in 1:12 or 1:48 scale or a doll in this scale (ready to dress) or a 1:12 or 1:48 scale skeleton to dress or use for a head and hands. In 1:48 scale the head will be roughly 1/4 of an inch high and the hands will be 3/16 of an inch from wrist to fingertip. Make sure the head has a neck or a space to insert a toothpick. You can use these instructions for making heads and hands from epoxy putty or polymer clay. For young children you can use simple air dry clay or a bead made from paper to make the head and hands from the pattern and attach them to a toothpick.
- Sharp Scissors
- Bent Nose tweezers or haemostats- bent nose tweezers are easier to press up against the glue lines in small spaces than regular tweezers.
- PVA (white) Glue - When working with regular paper, thinner glue is better than very thick glue. The paper absorbs it easier. A glue stick will work as well.
- Embroidery Floss or other fibres to use for a broom.
- Toothpick for 1:48 scale witches broom handle and neck, or a bamboo skewer for a 1:12 scale witch
If you want to dress your witch in fabric instead of paper you will need:
- Assorted small scale suitable fabrics for your costume.
- Fabric Glue Pva glue will work as well.
- Iron on Interfacing to stiffen the brim of the hat, and the dress, if you will not have a doll's body under the dress.