To refinish your furniture you will need:
- Your chosen pieces of furniture These can be pieces with different woods or wood finishes, the final finish will cover any previous samples. In this set of instructions a JiaYi Chair with a dark and gilt wood finish and a white Town Square Miniatures store showcase were both turned into a pale pickled wood finish. This is not a finish you should apply to treasured antiques or collectible.
- Acrylic Paints To create any of these finishes you will need white, lamp black (a flat dark grey/black) and a raw sienna(brown) acrylic paint. For a Swedish Blue finish you will also need Prussian blue paint, for a French Cream finish you will need Ochre (yellow) paint, and for a French pickled Bois finish you will need orange paint. You may also need a bit of raw umber to help warm up the colors.
- Mineral Spirits (white spirits) to remove any wax p from the furniture
- Cotton swab for applying mineral spirits
- Fine Steel Wool, or Green Scrubbing Pad to roughen the original finish.
- Soft Paint brush to apply a smooth layer of undercoat.
- Stiff or Firm Paint Brushto apply the layer of topcoat with a streaked effect.
- Strong Paper Towel or Rag to rub off excess finish.