Branches of pine are traditional in many northern Christmas arrangements and decorations. To make pine in miniature scale, you need to decide which type of pine you want to mimic, and make needle groups with the correct length and number of needles. Once you assemble your branches, you can use your pine for wreaths, floral arrangements, or for small dollhouse garden pine trees.
Materials Needed to Make Dollhouse Pine Boughs or Trees
- Fine Thread - I use fly tying thread
- Acrylic Paint in Dark Green and Dark Brown
- PVA (white) glue
- Tar Gel Acrylic Medium - optional, if you don't have this you can use PVA glue
- Fine paper wrapped floral wire, I used #26 gauge
- Bent Nose Tweezers
- Sharp Scissors
- Scrap of dry floral foam, styrofoam, or modelling clay, to hold your branches while they dry.
To see the four steps I used to make the arrangement shown above, go to the tutorial on Simple Flower Arrangements.