These individually sculpted miniature 'chocolate' Easter bunnies are fairly easy to shape once you get a bit of practise. They are easiest to make from fairly firm polymer clays. If your polymer clay gets too soft as you work it, set it aside to stiffen before you continue.
If you want to make detailed miniature Easter bunnies from molds, make your original master Easter bunny from two part epoxy putty, which can be worked in thin 'layers' to make a more finished miniature sculpt than is possible in most polymer clays.
Materials Needed to Sculpt Miniature Sitting and Standing Easter Bunnies From Polymer Clay
- Chocolate Colored Polymer Clay - you can choose a pre mixed color, or mix your own from primary colors according to these instructions for making brown polymer clay blends.
- Glass and Flat Headed Pins
- Fine Wire - for adding details to the bunny and basket.
- Wooden toothpick to hold the bunny for final sculpting.
- Polymer Clay Blade or craft knife for cutting polymer clay.
- Sharp Pointed Scissors
- Ball Ended Embossing Tool or rounded stylus.