To Make A Doll's Bed You Will Need:
- Printable Template For Dolls House Scale Beds, see list at the end of this set of materials for a template in the appropriate scale.
- Craft wood or card (for smaller scales) - for a 1:12 scale bed I used 3/8 inch by 1/8 inch wood for the bed side rails, stir sticks for the mattress support slats, long wooden matches (or 1/8 inch square stock for the mattress support rails, 3/32 inch thick wood for the head and footboard, and 3/16 inch square stock for the bed posts. For other scales the bed rails should represent something like a six inch wide piece of wood in full size, and a three to four inch square post (if it was in full size). I used an oval shape of pre cut craft wood to create the headboard shown, using the template to cut it to size.
- Trims if Desired - I used beads to top the bed posts
- Wood Glue / Carpenter's Glue
- Sharp Craft Knife
- Miter Box and Saw.
- Metal Ruler.
- Wood Files and Sanding Block
- Wood Clamps
Printable Templates for Dolls House Scale Bed Parts for Single and Double Sized Beds (in Adobe Reader, pdf format)