1. Dollhouse Christmas Trees
A Christmas tree is a must in dolls house decorations. There are a range of different ways to make them, but the most realistic trees are made from Lycopodium moss, which resembles evergreen branches with needles. Lycopodium (princes pine) is only available for a short time, usually beginning in August, after the harvest, so start looking for it early from craft and florist suppliers if you want a superb dollhouse tree.
Ways to Make Christmas trees and Evergreen trees for Dollhouses and Christmas Villages
- Make Realistic Miniature Christmas Trees from Lycopodium
- Make Elegant Swirling Trees From Clear Acetate and Stickers - Useful for dollhouse shop displays
- Make Curly Paper Trees - Good for dollhouse scale shops or Christmas villages.
2. Make Ornaments for Dollhouse Miniature Christmas Trees
Luckily there are a range of ways to make scale miniature ornaments. Beads and tiny bows are an ideal choice, but there are many others you can make to add a personal style or period feel to your tree. Remember to choose materials and colors that will show up well in your setting. Sparkle and shine are important factors that draw attention to a tiny tree, while more subtle sheens from velvets can fade in the background if they aren't in strongly contrasting colors.
Miniature Ornaments to Make for Dollhouse Christmas Trees:
- Make Miniature Stained Glass Ornaments from Beads and Nail Polish or Glaze Pens
- Make Miniature Traditional Blown Glass Bird Ornaments From Poly Clay
- Make Dollhouse Scale Candy Garlands from Beads
- Make Tiny Angel Ornaments From Beads
- Make a Range of Christmas Ball Ornaments from Beads
- Tie Tiny Miniature Bows
- Make Victorian Cornucopias
3. Make Traditonal Christmas Decorations
Popular Christmas decorations scaled down to fit in a dollhouse include:
4. Make Traditional Toys for Under a Dolls House Tree
You can make simple toys to set under a dollhouse tree, or at the foot of a bed for a dollhouse child. Some projects for suitable toys include:
5. Make Dollhouse Scale Home Furnishings For Christmas
From seasonal welcome mats, to Christmas tree skirts, Christmas stockings and miniature fireplace mantels, there are lots of simple seasonal additions you can add to decorate a dollhouse.
6. Make Dishes for a Christmas Feast
Sets of Christmas dishes help you lay a festive table. Although these pieces are all made from paper, the effect can be very realistic, especially if you fill the casseroles and plates with festive foods.
7. Make Traditional Plants and Flowers for A Dollhouse Christmas
You can use these miniature plants and flowers for Christmas floral arrangements, or as stand alone miniature plants for dollhouse scenes. Don't forget that dollhouse miniatures make great decorations for a full scale Christmas Tree as well!