To make a realistic miniature Christmas Tree for a dolls house, Christmas village or railroad scene you will need:
- Three to four clumps of preserved lycopodium moss. Try local florists, craft stores or online suppliers. This moss is also sold as erica moss in the UK, clubmoss and prince's pine or princess pine in the US.
- A basic bottle brush or bottle brush tree, four to eight inches tall. Several suppliers make these, find one with very sparse branches if possible, Lemax have a suitable one in their Christmas accessory line.
- White PVA glue
- Sharp scissors
- Tweezers I find the bent nose ones easiest to manipulate.
- Scale terracotta plant pot, or half metal bead to act as a Christmas tree stand/base.
- Modeling clay or small piece of dry arrangement florists foam or floral putty to fill terracotta pot if used.