Note The instructions for assembling this miniature sleigh are shown in the following pages of this tutorial. A sample of the finished sleigh is shown on the first page of the tutorial, for those who have arrived here through blog links to the printables. The sleigh can be made from lightweight wood if you wish, baltic birch plywood, sometimes sold as 'aircraft plywood' is a good material for wooden versions.
To Make the Printable Miniature Sleigh You Will Need:
- Photo Weight Paper or light weight card stock suitable for a computer printer. The 1:12 scale sleigh will need four sheets of letter sized paper to print the parts. You will need seven sheets of paper or lightweight card to print the 1:9 scale parts
- PVA (white) Glue
- Glue Spreader
- Straight Edge or paper scorer / bone folder to make folds
- Sharp Scissors or a sharp craft knife and cutting mat.
Printable parts for the miniature sleigh are available as Pdf (Acrobat Reader files) You will need to print off the following:
For a 1:9 scale sleigh
- Two sets of the left sleigh side
- Two sets of the right sleigh side
- Two sets of the sleigh floorboards
- One set of the sleigh benches and upholstery
For a 1:12 Scale Sleigh
- Two sets of the 1:12 scale sleigh sides
- One page with the center frame strip or sleigh floor
- One page with the sleigh seat.
To Build a 1:24 (half scale) Sleigh Download the 1:24 scale pdf (Acrobat Reader) file.
To Build a 1:48 (quarter scale) sleigh Download the quarter scale sleigh parts (adobe reader pdf file) and build the sleigh following the instructions for the 1:12 scale version as much as possible.